The Cursed City is a monthly challenge where you must traverse a city filled with dangerous enemies that must be fought under special, rotating conditions. There are 100 increasingly difficult Stages across 4 Districts, culminating in the Eclipse Tower where Amius the Lunar Archon awaits.
- 30-Day Time Limit: Each rotation of the Cursed City is available for a 30-day period. You'll have 30 days to clear all 100 Stages and defeat Amius the Lunar Archon - after which, the Cursed City resets, and you can start the journey again for another pile of rewards.
- Choose Your Own Path: You can choose which path you take through the Cursed City. You could clear out all of Cobblemarket first, or you could head straight for Soulcross. However, you can only traverse the city via interconnected Stages.
- Multiple Rotations: After each reset, the Cursed City changes and a new rotation opens. The Bosses and the enemies you'll face on each Stage will NOT change, but the special Conditions you'll have to face on each Stage will change.
- Two Difficulties: The Cursed City has two difficulties: Normal and Hard. Both are open at the same time, and you can choose whichever difficulty you want to start the journey on - or even switch things up and jump back and forth between the two.
- Rewards: A reward for clearing a Stage is given once when you clear the Stage for the first time. To get all available rewards, clear all the Stages in the Cursed City.
- Quests: Each cycle, you can complete special Quests and get additional rewards for them. With each new rotation, progress on all quests is reset.
- Keys: There are two types of Keys in the Cursed City: Cursed City Keys and Eclipse Keys. Cursed City Keys are like Doom Tower Gold Keys, and are required to fight in all regular, Boss, Double Boss, and Awakened Stages. Eclipse Keys are needed to fight Amius the Lunar Archon at the Eclipse Tower, and you need 3 of them to enter the Eclipse Tower.
The Cursed City is divided into four Districts: Cobblemarket, Deadrise, Plagueholme and Soulcross. Each district has 25 Stages, with 6 of them being Boss or Double Boss Stages.
When starting a new rotation of the Cursed City, you will always start in the District of Cobblemarket. After clearing a Stage, you open up the possibility to move to any adjacent Stage, as long as you have the Cursed City Keys to do so. You can move in any direction. 1 Cursed City Key is required to take on a Stage. You get 8 Cursed City Keys per day, which can be used on either Normal or Hard difficulty. Cursed City Keys are also like Doom Tower Keys - they will only be used if the Stage is completed. If an attempt is failed, you will keep your Key.
You will earn rewards for clearing a Stage for the first time in each rotation of the Cursed City. Clearing Boss Stages will reward you with Artifacts or Accessories from two new Gear Sets, Supersonic and Merciless. You can replay any Stage without using a Key, but you will not receive any additional rewards.
Amius the Lunar Archon
The Boss of the Cursed City is Amius the Lunar Archon, who lives at the top of the Eclipse Tower in the center of the Cursed City.
In order to fight Amius, you must collect 3 Eclipse Keys, which can be obtained by defeating Double Bosses in Cobblemarket, Deadrise, and Plagueholme. Defeating Amius will reward you with Cursed Remnants and Artifacts or Accessories from the Supersonic and Merciless Gear Sets. Cursed Remnants can be used to summon Epic and Mythical Champions, including Void Epic Champions, and can only be obtained in the Cursed City.
Double Boss Stages
Double Boss Stages require you to fight two Bosses at the same time. Each Cursed City District contains 3 Double Boss Stages, one of which will contain an Eclipse Key. Soulcross will have 3 Double Boss Stages, but does not have an Eclipse Key. The Eclipse Key location in each District changes each rotation.
Boss Stage Rewards
Defeating Boss Stages in the Cursed City will earn you a selection of rewards, including Artifacts and Accessories from the Supersonic and Merciless Sets. These are Variable Gear Sets, which means you get extra bonuses depending on how many pieces a Champion is wearing. They are available in Mythical Rarity, which is stronger than Legendary.
Awakened Stages Rewards
Awakened Stages are special challenges that require you to use Awakened Champions, which can be indicated by red stars on a Champion’s portrait. Your team must meet or exceed the required amount of Awakened Levels, indicated by the red stars in the middle of the Team Selection screen, to start the battle. You will receive unique rewards for completing these Awakened Stages.
Cursed City Quests
There are also Cursed City Quests, which enable you to earn even more rewards.
There are 3 types of Cursed City Quests:
- Clear 25, 50, 101 Stages
- Clear 6, 12 Awakened Stages
- Defeat Amius the Lunar Archon
All Cursed City Quests can be completed within one rotation. When the City is reset, all progress in Cursed City Quests is reset. Both difficulties have the same Cursed City Quests, but they are counted separately and have different rewards for completing them.
Cursed City Quests Rewards
You will receive Cursed Candles for completing Cursed City Quests on Normal. For every 100 Cursed Candles earned, you will get a Cursed Chest with great rewards.
Completing Cursed City Quests on Hard will earn you Occult Cursed Candles, which will help you to progress along a one-time reward track. The one-time rewards earned on Hard difficulty can be seen on the progress bar at the bottom of the map in the Cursed City. Earning 500 Occult Cursed Candles will reward you with a Mythical Demonspawn Champion - Karnage the Anarch!
Once that track has been completed, you will continue to earn Occult Cursed Candles, as well as Perfect Souls for Karnage the Anarch. For every 100 Occult Cursed Candles earned, you will get a Cursed Chest, which contains different rewards to those found in the Cursed Chests earned on Normal difficulty.
Players are ranked according to how many Stages they cleared, and how many turns it took for them to clear those Stages. The turns taken for clearing all Cursed City Stages are added together. To improve your ranking each rotation, clear Stages in fewer turns. Although there are no rewards available for clearing Stages multiple times, you can go back to try and improve your ranking.
Each difficulty has its own Rankings, and there are two types of Rankings in the Cursed City. Global Rankings, which ranks the performance of everyone in Teleria, and Clan Rankings, which ranks the performance of everyone in your Clan.
You will only appear in the Rankings after you clear at least 8 Stages of the Cursed City. You can review the fastest players and their teams on any difficulty by tapping the "Best Teams" icon in the Team Selection window. You can see the current Rankings at any time by tapping "Rankings" on the Cursed City map, and the final Rankings will be shown to everyone when the Cursed City resets at the end of the 30-day period.